2018 CFA Level 1 - 18 Week Saturdays Prep Course
Overview: This 18-week prep course combines core curriculum review with hands-on problem solving, perfect for candidates who require an external study structure over the entire winter and spring study season. Generally, easier, essential topics are taught earlier in the course, with a gradual shift towards more challenging topics. We will explore some winning techniques to answer Level 1 multiple choice questions (MCQs), learn about efficient calculator keystrokes, and discuss productive (and non productive) study habits. We will repeat difficult topics often, so that you gain a "muscle memory" promoting your confidence as you master "core" competancies.
Jordan Wutherich, who passed Level 1, will be your instructor, along with Daren E. Miller, CFA, and other guest instructors. Jordan has been trained in Daren's direct, concise and interactive teaching style. Together, they have created a memorable, entertaining, and fun course that will specifically enhance your learning experience.
NEW THIS YEAR AND EXCLUSIVE TO FINANCIAL TALENT EXCHANGE!!
As part of your course registration, you will receive exclusive access to the CFA Candidate Success Package© (CSP©) which includes a personality assessment that compares your exam attitude compared with the average CFA charterholder. The CSP also includes an hour of coaching with a CSP expert who will discuss your results and help personalize your exam prep study plan.
Class times: Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Prefer to attend class on Tuesday nights? Check out the Tuesday version of this course.
Required materials: Please bring to class your official 2018 CFA curriculum, approved calculator, and prep notes if you have them.
Location: Financial Talent Exchange classroom, 21st Floor, North Tower, Sun Life Plaza, 4th Ave
Outside of class: Keep in touch with Daren and your classmates through a dedicated Private Facebook Group. You can post comments, ask questions, and share knowledge on your phone, tablet, or desktop.
Early-bird course fees: Register before November 30, 2017 and save $200 with the early bird discounted price of $1,299 + GST. Click here to register and pay by credit card through PayPal.
Registrations received on or after December 01, 2017 will pay the regular course fee of $1,499 + GST. Click here to register and pay by credit card through PayPal. Please note that you do not need a PayPal account, just a credit card.
Maximum class size: 37 candidates
Dates and Topics (Readings assigned) ***Note that Readings listed are subject to change
- Week 1: Saturday, Jan 20: Introduction, Calculator, and Time Value of Money Basics
- Week 2: Saturday, Jan 27: Quantitative Methods (R6 to R9)
- Week 3: Saturday, Feb 3: Quantitative Methods (R10 to R13)
- Week 4: Saturday, Feb 10: Ethics and GIPS (R1 to R5)
- Week 5: Saturday, Feb 17: Corporate Finance (R34 to R38)
- Week 6: Saturday, Feb 24: Equity (R44 to R46)
- Week 7: Saturday, Mar 3: Equity (R47 to R49)
- Week 8: Saturday, Mar 10: Portfolio Management (R39 to R44)
- Week 9: Saturday, Mar 17: Derivatives and Alternative Investments (R56 to R58)
- Week 10: Saturday, Mar 24: Financial Reporting & Analysis (R21 to R23)
- Week 11: Saturday, Mar 31: Financial Reporting & Analysis (R24 to R26)
- Week 12: Saturday, April 7: Financial Reporting & Analysis (R27 to R28)
- Week 13: Saturday, April 14: Financial Reporting & Analysis (R29 to R33)
- Week 14: Saturday, April 21: Fixed Income (R50 to R53)
- Week 15: Saturday, April 28: Fixed Income (R54 to R55)
- Week 16: Saturday, May 5: Economics (R14 to R15)
- Week 17: Saturday, May 12: Economics (R16 to R17)
- Week 18 : Saturday, May 19: Economics (R18 to R20)
Sign Up NowFor Email Newsletters you can trust.