2018 CFA Level 2 - 18 Week Saturday Prep Course
Overview: This 18-week prep course combines core curriculum review with hands-on problem solving, perfect for candidates who require a study structure over the entire winter and spring study season. Generally, topics with higher weight are taught earlier in the course, allowing more time to practice, reflect, and master them before the exam. We will explore some winning techniques to answer Level 2 item sets as the Level 2 testing environment is a significant step up from Level 1.
Daren will be joined this year by guest instructors, trained in Daren's direct, concise teaching style, using tools created specifically for enhancing your learning experience.
NEW THIS YEAR AND EXCLUSIVE TO FINANCIAL TALENT EXCHANGE!!
Class times: Saturdays 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Prefer to attend class on the weeknight? Check out the Wednesday version of this course.
Depending on space availability, you can alternate between the weeknight and weekend classes so you don't miss out on any of the topics. Requests are to be made one week in advance of the required date to switch and admittance is not guaranteed as space is limited in each class.
Required materials: Please bring to class your official 2018 CFA curriculum, approved calculator, and prep notes if you have them.
Location: Financial Talent Exchange classroom, 21st Floor, North Tower, Sun Life Plaza, 4th Ave
Outside of class: Keep in touch with your instructor and your classmates through a dedicated Whats App account. Whats App is a social media app for groups, so you can post comments, ask questions, and share knowledge on your phone, tablet, or desktop.
Early-bird course fees: Register before November 30, 2017 and save $200 with the early bird discounted price of $1,499 + GST. Click here to register and pay by credit card through PayPal.
Registrations received on or after December 01, 2017 will pay the regular course fee of $1,699 + GST. Click here to register and pay by credit card through PayPal. Please note that you do not need a PayPal account, just a credit card.
Maximum class size: 37 candidates
***Note that Readings listed are subject to change
At Level 2, topics are arranged so that core concepts are covered earlier on. This gives candidates the ability to start reflecting and practicing the essentials early in their studies.
Section 1 – Core
Total Weight – 50%-80%
Objective: The objective of this section is to focus on the Core concepts. Since this section is so crucial and heavily weighted, it is best to get to it early, allowing sufficient time to practice and reflect on the most critical sections of the exams.
- Week 1: Saturday, Jan 20: Introduction
- Week 2: Saturday, Jan 27: Equity (R27 to R28)
- Week 3: Saturday, Feb 3: Equity (R29 to R30)
- Week 4: Saturday, Feb 10: Equity (R31 to R34)
- Week 5: Saturday, Feb 17: Fixed Income (R35 to R36)
- Week 6: Saturday, Feb 24: Fixed Income (R37 to R39)
- Week 7: Saturday, Mar 3: Ethics (R1 to R8)
- Week 8: Saturday, Mar 10: Financial Reporting and Analysis (R16)
- Week 9: Saturday, Mar 17: Financial Reporting and Analysis (R17)
- Week 10: Saturday, Mar 24: Financial Reporting and Analysis (R18 to R20)
Section 2 – Secondary
Total Weight – 10%-30%
Objective: The objective of this section is to focus on the second most crucial concepts in the Level 2 curriculum.
- Week 11: Saturday, Mar 31: Corporate Finance (R21 to R26)
- Week 12: Saturday, April 7: Derivatives (R40 to R42)
Section 3 – Satellite
Total Weight – 20%-40%
Objective: The objective of this section is to focus on the least crucial concepts in the Level 2 CFA curriculum.
- Week 13: Saturday, April 14: Economics (R13)
- Week 14: Saturday, April 21: Economics (R14 to R 15)
- Week 15: Saturday, April 28: Alternative Investments (R43 to R46)
- Week 16: Saturday, May 5: Quantitative Methods (R9 to R12)
- Week 17: Saturday, May 12: Portfolio Management (R47 to R49)
- Week 18: Saturday, May 19: Portfolio Management (R50 to R52) and wrap up with exam survival skills workshop for exam day.
Sign Up NowFor Email Newsletters you can trust.