2018 CFA Level 3 - 18 Week Sunday Prep Course
Overview: This expanded 18-week prep course combines core curriculum review with hands-on problem solving, perfect for candidates who require a study structure over the entire winter and spring study season. Each session will consist of discussions of several challenging topics followed by timed "essay" questions that reflect the style and perceived difficulty of the actual exam. You will receive immediate, personal feedback on your hand-written answers. You will also learn how to anticipate and approach afternoon item-set questions.
Daren will be joined this year by guest instructors, trained in Daren's direct, concise teaching style, using tools created specifically for enhancing your learning experience.
NEW THIS YEAR AND EXCLUSIVE TO FINANCIAL TALENT EXCHANGE!!
Class times: Sundays 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Prefer to attend class on the Thursday Weeknight? Check out the Thursday Weeknight version of this course.
Depending on space availability, you can alternate between the weeknight and weekend classes so you don't miss out on any of the topics. Requests are to be made one week in advance of the required date to switch and admittance is not guaranteed as space is limited in each class.
Required materials: Please bring to class your official 2018 CFA curriculum, approved calculator, and prep notes if you have them.
Recommended but not required materials: Special rate for Wiley Efficient Learning products. Please email for Discount Code once you have registered. firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Financial Talent Exchange classroom, 21st Floor, North Tower, Sun Life Plaza, 140 - 4th Ave, Calgary
Outside of class: Keep in touch with your instructor and your classmates through a dedicated Private Facebook Group. You can post comments, ask questions, and share knowledge on your phone, tablet, or desktop.
Early-bird course fees: Register before November 30, 2017 and save $200 with the early bird discounted price of $1,699 + GST. Click here to register and pay by credit card through PayPal.
Registrations received on or after December 01, 2017 will pay the regular course fee of $1,899 + GST.Click here to register and pay by credit card through PayPal. Please note that you do not need a PayPal account, just a credit card.
Maximum class size: 37 candidates
Dates and Topics (Readings assigned)
- Week 1: Sunday, Jan 21: IPS for Private Wealth Investors (R8)
- Week 2: Sunday, Jan 28: Taxes and Estate Planning (R9 to R10)
- Week 3: Sunday, Feb 4: Concentrated Single Assets & Risk Management for Individuals (R11and R12)
- Week 4: Sunday, Feb 11: Behavioural Finance (R5 to R7)
- Week 5: Sunday, Feb 18: IPS for Institutional Investors (R13)
- Week 6: Sunday, Feb 25: Capital Market Expectations (R14)
- Week 7: Sunday, Mar 4: Capital Market Expectations (R15)
- Week 8: Sunday, Mar 11: Asset Allocation (R16 to R17)
- Week 9: Sunday, Mar 18: Asset Allocation (R18 to R20)
- Week 10: Sunday, Mar 25: MIDTERMS: TOPICS COVERED TO DATE
- Week 11: Sunday, April 1: Fixed Income (R21 to R22)
- Week 12: Sunday, April 8: Fixed Income (R23 to R24)
- Week 13: Sunday, April 15: Equities and Alternative Investments (R25 to R26)
- Week 14: Sunday, April 22: Risk Management and Futures and Forwards (R27 to R28)
- Week 15: Sunday, April 29: Options and Swaps (R29 to R30)
- Week 16: Sunday, May 6: Trading, Rebalancing and Performance Evaluation
- Week 17: Sunday, May 13: GIPS (R34)
- Week 18: Sunday, May 20: Ethics (R1 to R4)
Sign Up NowFor Email Newsletters you can trust.